Here is a step by step tutorial for those who want to know how to delete a Facebook page permanently.
Many might be wondering why I/ you created a page which you would want to delete later?
Well, there could be so many reasons for that.
I had a Facebook page for my old blog but when I discontinued with it, I obviously did not want the page I had created by that name though it had more than 1600 genuine likes on it.
Not only, that, at times, a page started with the best of intentions and great enthusiasm might not get you the response you had hoped or wished for. In such a case, you would obviously want to know how to delete your Facebook page.
I, for instance, created a page for my college thinking it would help reunite old friends and acquaintances. Since I am perpetually short of time, I failed to post regular content on it or even to interact with the 50 odd people who had joined the page in about six months.
Every time I saw that page among the list of “Pages you manage”, I would want to know how to delete my Facebook page permanently?
I fiddled with the settings for some time and managed to delete that particular page which had become a source of great annoyance for me- it reminded of something I had started but not pursued with enough vigor. So, I just deleted that page some 2 months back.
Only yesterday, a friend of mine who had accidentally ended up creating two pages by the same name, asked me if I could help him in deleting one of them.
As I guided him over the phone, I thought of writing a tutorial for the benefit of all those who have wanted to delete a Facebook page but do not know how to proceed.
How to Delete Facebook Page?
Here is a step by step tutorial that will help you to delete Facebook fan/ brand name page for good
1. Log in to your Facebook profile.
2. In the top right corner, you see a small star/ flower like icon. See this from the picture below.
3. As you left click over that star, you will see various options under the “Use Facebook As”. Under this will be mentioned the names of all the pages you own or are an admin of:
4. Click on the page you want to delete permanently to land on it. Since I have no pages I would want to delete at present, I am clicking on my blog’s fan page: My Magic Mix. As I do so, I reach my page.
5. Click on the “Edit Page” option on the top of the page here:
6. As you left click on “Edit Page”, you see a drop down menu as shown below. Again, left click on the “Edit Settings Option”.
7. See the “Delete My Magic Mix” option at the bottom of the page:
8. As you left click on this option, you will again be asked if you want to delete the page permanently?
9. Clicking on “Delete Page” option will help you delete Facebook page forever.
10. After you have deleted your page, the action is irrevocable (can not be undone/ is permanent). Earlier, Facebook gave you the option to get your fan page/ brand name back within 14 days but that option is not available anymore due to which you must be very careful while deleting Facebook page.
I hope the detailed instructions given here will help you delete a Facebook page you have wanted to do away for a long time.
We hope you were successfully able to delete Facebook page using these instructions. All those who were unable to get success with deleting Facebook page can please write to us. We will try to help you in every possible way we can!