A perfect feng shui bedroom, according to the ancient Chinese, ensures that you always have good health and ample wealth.
Today, we share with you some Feng shui bedroom tips which will help transform your sleeping area into a zone where you are at perfect ease at yourself and your partner, which provides for adequate rest and also promotes mental and physical well being.
The Perfect Feng Shui Bedroom
These feng shui bedroom tips, if incorporated, can make your bedroom one of the most peaceful comfortable zones of your home, an area which helps you get better sleep, oozes positive energy and radiates with good health.
Whenever you use feng shui, you have to use the principles of yin and yang in a manner that you get lots of positive energy or good chi.
Feng Shui Bedroom Tips
The most important thing in a feng shui bedroom is to place the bed in the ‘command position’.
By the ‘command position‘, the ancient Chinese meant the best place for a thing. So, the bed should be ideally placed for a serene and harmonious feng shui bedroom.
What, one would want to know, would be the BEST position for the bed to be in?
- The bed should not be in line with the main door of the room.
- There should be no DIRECT sunlight on your bed. For this reason, you would do well not to position your bed on a wall next to the window.
- It should be easily approachable from two-three sides.
Since the bed is the most important piece of furniture in a bedroom and also the place where you wish to get a good night’s sleep after a long and tiring day, the bed should be chosen carefully.
The bed should have a comfortable (preferably, padded headboard), a good and comfortable mattress and comforting pillows. The bed sheets should also be chosen keeping in mind the taste of the occupants though natural fibers should be preferred.
We will talk at length about feng shui colors for the bedroom, bed and bed linen later. The bed should have elements of both- yin (feminine energy) and yang (masculine energy).
Feng shui principles forbid the use of mirrors in the sleeping area. If you do have any mirrors in your bedroom, remove them immediately. This is because mirrors reflect energy, and it is possible for the reflected energy to hit the wrong areas of the room.
If you MUST have a mirror, keep it encased in a wooden cabinet or covered with a piece of cloth while you sleep so that reflected energy does not hit the wrong spots and you can sleep more peacefully.
- To create good feng shui energy, you should also avoid keeping a TV or a computer in your sleeping zone. This is partly because they are also reflecting surfaces and can hinder with the good chi of your bedroom. Again, keep them covered while you sleep if it is impossible for you to keep them out of the bedroom.
Keeping the room clean is most important. ‘Cleaning’, according to bedroom feng shui, means much more than keeping the room tidy and free of all unnecessary clutter.
Feng shui principles advise to discard all unwanted, broken and cracked items from the house. Do not store clothes you do not need anymore, throw away any broken vase, photo frame, etc because keeping such unwanted and broken stuff hinders with the flow of good chi.
Keeping flowers in the bedroom is supposed to help create positive vibes and add to the aura of the room.
While a small bunch is does not affect bedroom feng shui, you should avoid keeping potted plants. That is totally against the principles of bedroom feng shui. They should be kept, if at all, only if the room is fairly large and they can be kept far away from the bed.
- Feng shui attaches special importance to balance. So, there should be an element of symmetry about the bedroom. The furniture, candle stands, lights, etc should be positioned in a manner that will help improve the sense of balance.
- The quality of the air inside the bedroom needs to be taken care of. The air inside should be germ free and fresh. So, make sure to open the windows often to rid the room of pollutants and stale air.
- The images and pictures used to add to the look of the room should be happy and filled with positive energy. Avoid using images which are reflective of sadness, pain and solitude. Pictures and images should remind you of happy times and fill you with a positive energy rather than fill you up with grief.
- Feng shui principles also recommend the use of candles to light up the room. Scented candles can also be used though care should be taken to avoid candles which contain toxins or produce too much smoke.
- The doors and windows of a good feng shui bedroom should be kept closed at night, so as to keep the noise away and also to help strengthen relations.
- Avoid keeping aquariums in the bedroom for good bedroom feng shui.
And now we come to one of the most important part of the feng shui bedroom. And that is choosing the best feng shui colors for bedroom.
Feng shui bedroom colors, if chosen properly, can help balance the elements of yin and yang and create a peaceful environment.
The best feng shui bedroom colors, according to experts, are skin colors. And since the human skin can vary in color from palest white to a deep brown, they would all make for good bedroom feng shui.
The most harmonious feng shui colors for bedroom are SKIN colors.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is that there is no ONE best feng shui bedroom color. For this reason, it would be best to play safe and have a mixed palette.
Colors should be chosen in a manner that will enhance the flow of chi energy and provide for a harmonious blend of yin and yang.
Keeping in mind these basic feng shui bedroom tips, you can have the perfect feng shui bedroom.
We will write in detail about feng shui colors for bedroom in our coming post.
Hope to see you soon!
We do hope you will be able to increase the flow of positive chi energy in your bedroom using these simple feng shui bedroom tips.