Social media plugins are a must have for every blog because creating even the best of content will go useless and unread if it is not shared across various platforms and read by maximum number of people.
To make sure that your well researched article on which you have spent hours of hard work is read by as many people as possible, your website needs to be taken to people.
Social Media plugins help you do that easily. Just one click by your visitor and it is shared to hundreds of new people.
There are dozens of such plugins today. And it is difficult to decide which social media plugin would be best. You have to make sure to choose the best social share plugin for website- which contains all social sharing buttons you want. But there is a lot more you would look in your plugin besides that as well.
Following are some of the most popular and best Social media plugins for website owners across WordPress.
Know the pros and cons of each and choose the one which is just right for you:
1. Digg Digg:
This is, by far, the most popular social media plugin. If you want something simple yet very functional and effective, then Digg-Digg is for you. It always looks a part of the website and is more authentic than most other available plugins.
- It displays all the popular sharing buttons (and that too, with count) like Facebook, Google +, pinterest, Twitter, Topsy, Yahoo Buzz, Stumble Upon etc.
- It is very customizable. You can choose it to make like a floating bar. You can choose it to place below or above the post.
- Has left or right scrolling effect.
- Increases website performance.
- Has e-mail and other print options, too.
- Sometimes, it slows down the website performance.
- It does not have Tumblr social sharing button.
2. Social Stickers:
With very less flaws and perfect for almost any website, Social Stickers is one social Sharing Plugin you probably don’t want to miss.
- You can easily customize the order of the icons
- This plug in supports shortcuts
- You can show Facebook page likes and number of Twitter followers
- Knowledge of HTML can help you edit the plug-in
- It is very small and does not look crowded.
- There are more than 50+ options ( like eBay, 500px, twitter, Facebook, Pinterest,Hi5, Skype, E-mail, Orkut, Quora etc.) and you can easily chose which social sharing buttons you want to choose.
Liked by almost everyone, Social Stickers is nearly flawless.
Here are the salient features and the drawbacks associated with this social media plugin:
- Very easy to install
- Very bold and beautiful design
- Very easy to place anywhere on the website
- Lots of social sharing buttons available to helps users from different social networks to share.
- You can easily choose which share buttons to show
- It is a very small plug-in, so, it takes a very small space which makes it look more managed.
- The e-mail function in this sometimes not very functional.
- The customer care support is not so great
One of the simplest yet most alluring social sharing plug in, Flare gives you that extra magical effect to your website that other sharing plugins can’t give.
- Very easy to install, use and customize as per your needs.
- Floating share buttons below, above or at the sides of your post makes it your website more beautiful
- Almost every popular social network share option is available.
- You can customize on which type of posts flare should appear.
- You can customize in such a way that it scrolls down/up with page and can be made hidden if the visitor wants.
- You can also customize the appearance of the social sharing buttons or icons i.e. their color or layout.
This plug in has very few flaws and their customer care support is good too.
One of the most popular sharing plug in, sociable looks more natural than any other plug in available. Also, it is small and looks very managed and clean.
- Lots of different most popular social networks sharing options
- Has sharing via e-mail option and quick bookmarking option
- You can easily choose which sharing buttons to put on the bar
- You can place the bar vertically or horizontally as per your need.
- It responds slowly resulting in the increased page performance.
- The horizontal placement of the bar is not so good experience for most of the people.
- It does not have lots of customization options.
One of the catchiest plugins available, Shareaholic looks great on almost every kind of website.
- It has more than 15 language options. So if your website is not in English, this might just be the social media plugin you were looking for.
- Support for Google’s short URL (goo.gl) and Google Analytics.
- It also offers Recommendation and analysis. Thus, resulting in higher number of page views
- Has social sharing buttons for almost every sharing popular network.
- Very easy to install, use and customize as well.
- This plugin loads very quickly and is more website friendly.
- Also, the graphics are great.
It does not have any particular flaws. It looks and works great on almost every website. But since it has HD graphics a website with classic view might not be a good fit for this plugin.
Which of these social sharing plugins is you favorite?
Do write to us about the social media plugin are you using for your website?
Do write to use about the commendable features and the drawbacks of the plugin you are using.